CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Panning for Gold

A few miles away from my home there is a cute old mining town called Goldfield Ghost town. It's a fun place to take the family. One of the things you can do is pan for gold. The girls could hardly wait. I think it was one of the highlights of their trip.

They listened so carefully... they wanted to make sure to get "all" the gold.

After you "wash" the dirt away you look to see what you have left in the bottom of your pan.

I don't know how well you can see... but there is a little gold. It's the really yellow stuff. The bigger pieces that are a purple-red color are garnets. You also have tons of the fools gold.

Brad helping Josie.


Hallie and Jan

It was fun for the girls and their parents... I was wishing that I got a pan. :) Next time. :)


Here's a few pictures of Hallie's treasures.



There are also tons of other things to do. We went on the train ride and got some ice cream. The girls wanted to get back to go swimming.






The family relaxing


I still can't believe the girls went swimming. It was freezing! I wouldn't get in the pool with them. I'm such a bad Aunt.

Jan and Brad did venture up to test the water.




It was a fun day... but I think we were all pretty tired. Here's grandpa taking a quick power nap... so he will be ready for the next big adventure. :)


0 comments: