CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Home to I-D-A-H-O

Last week was my annual trip home to see the family. I love being home... we have so much fun together! My time always seems to slip away, way too fast. I then struggle with leaving and coming back to reality in AZ. I often wonder what I would do if I didn't have a mortgage and other obligations. Sometimes being an adult really.... BITES!!!!

Idaho Trip 2009

The fun started with a quick road trip (less than a mile) to Grandpa Boyle's (Kristen's dad). This is Riley's first year that he will be in 4H. He was really excited to have everyone go over and watch him walk his sheep and see his pig. You gotta love life on a farm. I definitely haven't missed the SMELLS. :)


I think Riley should name this one "Billy"


and this one "Wilbur"

I can't believe Riley is NOW old enough to be involved in 4H. It's a wonderful program! He will learn so much. Riley did a good job for his 1st time walking his lamb. It can be a little intimidating and challenging working with animals. I must say that his lamb was a much better "participate" after Jon got a hold of it. :)




We always have yummy food. My little sis (Mindy) brought this delicious cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes to celebrate Jan's & Jon's birthdays. It was sooo good! My next birthday... I'm getting me one! I found out that we have a store in Scottsdale. Yippee!!!!


Jon does an excellent job grilling. We enjoyed steaks a few times.


Aunt Joann and mom even fixed us grandma's chicken. Jon was a wonderful assistant. :) It was very tasty.



My sister, Jan, always has some fun project (craft/game) for the kids to do. This year it involved the adults as well. I was all excited... It involved eating Jelly Beans... How hard could it be????



The game is called Bean Boozled. You taste two identical kinds of Jelly Beans. One is a normal flavor (like peach) and one is a nasty flavor (like vomit). It's the luck of the draw. You have a 50/50 chance of getting a normal tasting or a nasty tasting one. Once you put it in your mouth... you can't spit them out. It only takes a second to see who got the bad ones. Some of the other nasty flavors were: buggers, skunk, moldy cheese, black pepper & toothpaste. There were many more flavors but I've blocked them out. :)


Being out of the loop not having children... has some disadvantages. Who comes up with these ideas for games????? Let me just say it was the most disgusting game I have EVER played!!! BUT the kids thought it was great. They had SOOOO MUCH Fun. Next time someone wants me to play... I will be so much wiser and have to pass.


I was thrilled that I made it in time to watch Riley's and Carson's last Baseball games. I always miss the sports. It so fun to watch them.

Riley's games



Carson's Game




I wanted to take pictures of all the kids. It's amazing how fast they grow up. It makes me sad being away from home... I feel bad that I'm not as involved as I would like to be. After all, I want to be their FAVORITE AUNT. :) I am blessed to be able to go home and for them to come visit me. Maybe this makes our time a little more special. Anyway, I thought my pictures turned out pretty good. They each got to pick a 4Th of July shirt. (It had to be either red, white or blue) Enjoy....


0 comments: