CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dolly Steam Boat and Kartchner Caverns



The Dolly Steamboat

We went on a cruise on the Dolly Steamboat around Canyon Lake. We got to see several ducks, a crane, and an eagle... but no mountain goats.




Mom and Bob being friendly with the crew



Bob's new friends. :) They are always talking to and meeting new people.


Me with my favorite treat... popcorn. Mom thought she was being funny and pushed all their wrappers over to me.



Mom totally was cracking me up... she was all concerned if the boat sank what "we" would do. I told her- I'd swim... :) She said that she didn't see any life jackets. I assured her that they had life jackets. This picture is for mom. lol!

The Katchner Caverns

This is definitely I place I would love to go back and visit. There are two different tours you can go on: "The throne Room" or the "Big Room". We choose the Big Room because it is only opened certain times of the year because of the bat migration. You are not allowed to take pictures in the caverns. These are postcards you can buy... they don't do the caverns justice though. Our tour guide was pretty decent. The one interesting fact; is that the caverns were "accidentally" discovered. Two guys were trespassing on private property and found them in 1974 and in 1999 were opened to the public. You should have seen mom's face... TRESPASSING??!

I thought the tour went by rather quickly. The only thing that I thought was a little scary was our shuttle drive up to the entrance of the cavern. Our driver was crazy... you had to HANG ON!!!

They have a nice camping area and different hikes that you can go on. There is a museum with different displays and there is also a movie you can watch. They have a cute gift shop and a little Deli. Next time my nieces or nephew come- we are going back.

0 comments: