CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Riley's 1st Year in 4H

Riley did such an awesome job!!! He took 5Th place with his lamb. He had two animals- a pig and a lamb. He made some good $$$ for his future mission and college. After I found out how much money Riley made (a small fortune). I called my mom to find out WHY Jon and I never did 4H. We really couldn't come up with a good explanation. Here are some of Riley's awards:


Later, Kristen called to tell me how Riley did. She said that he (Riley) took after Jon and I. At first, I didn't understand... until she told me that Riley was extremely sad when they came to get his lamb. It was all fun- teaching and working with it, grooming, showing, and making the MONEY. But when they fair was over and they came to pick up "his" lamb (which he sold).... did he finally ask the BIG QUESTION... "What is going to happen to my lamb?" Let me just say, Riley is the most tender-hearted kid I know. So when Riley asked his mom and dad what was going to happen to his lamb... he got answers he didn't want to hear! He started to cry. He told his mom that he would give the money back or he would buy his lamb back with all the money he just earned. Doesn't that tear at your heart? All I can say... it was a good thing that Aunt Kerry wasn't there... I might have been "several" hundred dollars poorer. :) It was THEN, that I realized "WHY" I never was involved in 4H growing up. :)


We are not 100% certain what happened to Riley's lamb after he said his final good-bye to it. We are hoping that it is enjoying life on a nice green pasture somewhere. :) I think Riley's overall experience was good. He's excited to do it again next year.

1 comments:

Mindy K said...

Oh, Poor Riley. He'll have to start a halfway house for lambs with his dough. I can totally see you rescuing his lamb--with her your tender heart.