CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

A Tribute

March 7th 1928- February 12th 2009

I was so sad when I heard the news that Cheryl Hilton (Jan's mother-in-law) had passed away. Cheryl was someone who I totally admired and looked up to. She was fun, spunky, and independent. To say that she was a "mover and a shaker" would be an understatement. She had an accomplished career in banking, she was active in many organizations and clubs, and she loved spending time with friends and family. Early in her marriage she was widowed and left to raise three small children. Hmmm....Does that sound familiar??? It's interesting to see how many things Cheryl and my mom had in common. Both strong women!

Cheryl was fun to be around. She had a way of making you feel important and welcome. She was interested in what was happening in your life. I loved her biscuit's & gravy. She made the BEST clam chowder!!! I loved that she had such beautiful hands & nails and kept them painted. I think my favorite thing was her red hair... it reminded me of my Grandma Westergard.

Cheryl touched and enriched many lives. She will be greatly missed!

David, DeAnn & Brad

I wanted to do something special for my nieces. I remember how scary it can be when you are little dealing with death. My nieces love stuffed animals. I found these cute bunnies and thought they would go over well. :) The note that went with them said:

"Your Grandma Cheryl was some "bunny" special!
Always remember how much she loves you!"

Hallie and Josie

The funeral services were very nice. DeAnn, Brad, and David spoke. They all did excellent! I also enjoyed her home teacher's talk. I thought her flowers were beautiful! My favorite boutique was the one from Carolyn's family. Here's a few pictures from that day.




0 comments: